Friday, September 10, 2010

Life is busy, busy, busy!


Lots going on these days.

Next week I will be welcoming a guest blogger to my blog. My friend Gayle Farmer and her husband Jeff are owners of Omega Publications. Gayle will be sharing information about some aspect of self-publishing. I’ll be nattering on about graphic design—a little thing that I have 33 years of experience doing. I hope you’ll check out my blog next week and see what interesting things Gayle has to share.

A humbling offer

Gayle has also asked me to design the cover for a book that her and Jeff will be publishing soon. I am humbled that she has asked me to do this. I love what I do, both with my writing and with graphic design, and hope that Gayle and Jeff will like what they see. Next week I’ll share some thoughts I have about the future of graphic design and book covers as books move to electronic publishing.

Contest

Some might recall my blog from a month ago when I talked about my interview with Linda Fildew at the RWA conference in Orlando. I was a bit disappointed that they were pushing their interviewees to a contest they are starting on their website. Well, I still feel a little disappointment, but I haven’t let that stop me. I went and registered for the contest. I am in the process of writing a summary of the book and doing a quick read through of the first chapter of my book “Is This Love?”. Then I will be entering the contest. I think sometime this weekend I will push the submit button. If you want to check it out, or even enter the contest, go to www.romanceisnotdead.com and check out the contest and my entry, under the name Margaret Clark.

New book

As if I need more to do, I’ve started working on a new book. It’s a contemporary romance/suspense novel. It’s been rattling around in my head and I just need to get it out. So far it’s coming along pretty well. I needed to start a new project. I’ve been living with the old ones too long. They don’t seem to be going anywhere at the moment, so I thought maybe something new would get me going again.

Poetry

I am also working on some poetry that will be published in an anthology. Poetry is a challenge for me. Most of the stuff I'm really proud of have been poems I've written as an emotional reaction to something. When I try to write one because I have to, it never seems to come out like I'd like it to. But I have about 10 poems ready for the anthology and I'm hoping for 12. The publisher, my friend Gayle, has been gracious enough to give me an extension to get my poems completed. 

Controversy

I had thought to talk a little bit about a particular topic that's been in the news this week. But I think that the news media has done a pretty good job of escalating that story to a higher level of importance than it deserves. Let me just say this, what we need right now is tolerance and to ask ourselves, what would Jesus do? Because the person behind the news story, who claims to be a Christian, seriously needs to ask that question himself.

Until next week

ttfn

mc

No comments:

Post a Comment